Hi, my name is Dyanna and I love to shop. LOVE.
However, I have a hard and fast rule when it comes to shopping: NEVER pay full price if you don’t absolutely have to. Having spent a few years working in retail on the corporate level, I’ve gotten a pretty strong grip on the best times to shop for everything from boots to leather jackets to housewares and mattresses. Ie., the best time to buy boots is actually right now. Right, RIGHT now.
So after thumbing through my inbox recently, I decided to start sharing my shopping know-how with my twitter followers and now with all of you all!
Here are some of this weeks best steals, deals & thrills:
1. Saks Friends & Family continues through Monday 4/28. Use the code ‘FRNFAM’ at checkout.
2. Today only, take 40% off at Banana Republic with the code ‘BRTAKE40′.
3. For my shoe lovers! Neiman Marcus is giving 33% off select shoes. Run do not walk, sizes go quickly and you’ve only got until end of day Friday!!
4. Fall into the GAP! Remember those ads? Anywho, take an extra 30% off over at GAP! Extra discounts on sale items are what I call “thrills”; the prices are just so damn good!
5. In the mood for a new business card, labels, stickers or maybe some custom greeting cards? The Spring sale is in full bloom over at Moo.
6. J. Crew started off with 25% off earlier this week and now thanks to the retail gods, take 30% off using the code ‘GOSHOP’. Naturally there are exclusions, so shop wisely!
7. For two days only, ASOS is offering up to 60% off many of their beloved dresses and playsuits!
I’ll be tweeting updates for even MORE deals as they come my way using the hashtag #shopsmarternotharder ! Follow me at @lifeanddimsum to keep up with the latest.
I grew up refusing to eat boiled egg yolks. Absolutely refusing.
So naturally I didn’t eat my first deviled egg until I was almost twenty. Don’t judge me! We’ve all got our faults :-)
The recipe I’m sharing today is the result of my first try at making deviled eggs and I’d say I did a pretty good job. Deviled eggs have never been a mainstay for summer cookouts in my family but with this recipe being so easy yet delicious, I’ll definitely be adding it to the rotation this year.
What You Need:
4 slices of bacon, cooked until good and crisp and then crumbled
2 tspn mustard
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 scallions, sliced
1 tspn paprika
Place the eggs in a pot and cover with 1 1/2 inches of water. Add a tspn of salt and a tspn of white vinegar. Place on the stove and bring to a boil. Once boiling, allow to boil for two minutes. Cover and remove from the stove. Allow to stand covered for 12 minutes.
Why the white vinegar? Ever noticed that eggs are prone to crack while boiling? The white vinegar keeps the egg from seeping out as it boils.
*See! Substantial crack in my egg once boiled, yet no seepage. Vinegar saves again!”
Once the eggs have cooled down, peel and slice them in half. Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl. Use a fork to crumple the yolks. Add in the mustard, avocado, scallions and bacon. Mix until smooth.Use a ziploc bag with one of the corners snipped off as a makeshift piping bag. Or you could just use a piping bag if you have one.Pipe the creamy filling into the hollowed out egg halves.
Sprinkle with scallions, any remaining bacon crumbles and paprika. Store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.The filling is savory with a bite from the raw scallion and saltiness from the bacon. The avocado adds just enough creaminess to truly take this party Spring/Summer party staple to another level!